Please note, the Fall 2020 PRMC program is now sold out. We will announce new dates for 2021 when they are available.
Parks and Recreation Ontario, in partnership with the Schulich Executive Education Centre, School of Business, York University, is pleased to present the Parks and Recreation Management Certificate (PRMC) Program. This Certificate Program is designed for municipal managers seeking to enhance their skills or advance their careers. It focuses on three core principles for successful leadership in public sector administration: Communication, Political Acuity and Strategic Planning. This year's course will take place the week of October 26 until the week of November 23, 2020 using Zoom Video Conferencing.
The newly updated in-person virtual program on Zoom introduces participants to key concepts and theories in each of the core areas, supported by research and practical case studies. Individual pre-work and individual and small group online work will enhance participants’ critical thinking and insights for practical application.
Participants will leave the Program with a greater understanding of how to:
- Be productive and effective leaders by applying newly acquired skills
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of municipal stakeholders, from customers to staff and elected officials
- Conduct service delivery and strategic planning at the program, department and agency level
- Navigate the political landscape locally and municipally to enhance actions and outcomes
- How to work collaboratively with participants in an in-person virtual Zoom-based course